Tissot Cremant du Jura BBF

Tissot Cremant du Jura BBF

Regular price $55.00

Unit price per 

only 1 left in stock

Grapes: Chardonnay

Region: Jura, France

Vintage: NV

Viticulture: Biodynamic

Soils: Clay + Limestone

Yeasts: Native

Vinification: 75% of the wine comes from the 2014 vintage aged 14 months in 228 liters old French oak barrels. The remaining 25% comes from the 2015 vintage aged 3 months in vat. Blended and bottled in January 2016. 

Aging: Ageing “sur lattes” during 4 years

Fining or Filtering: Disgorged

Dosage: 0 g/l

Notes from the Importer: Stéphane Tissot, who grew up on the estate, has been the driving force behind the dramatic resurgence of Jura wines over the last 20 years. André and Mireille, Stéphane’s parents, started the domaine in 1962 - Stéphane remembers cleaning barrels as a kid (small enough to get in them!). His first vintage was 1989 at the age of 19 and his precise work in the cellar was immediately recognized by his peers, as Jura wines were then quite "rustic," nothing like what is made today. Stephane soon stopped adding yeasts for his fermentations and, after meeting Nady Foucault at Clos Rougeard, he began conversion to organic agriculture, one of the first in the Jura. The domaine was certified organic in 1999 and biodynamic in 2004 and new plantings were all done with massale selection rather than the clones then used throughout the region. He produced his first "Chardonnay de Terroir" in 1997 and In 2000 he was able to purchase great parcels in Les Bruyeres, La Mailloche and Chateau Chalon. "Our biodynamic work in the vineyards gives us pleasure and enables us to vinify our wines in a natural way that reflects our terroirs and our work, far from the industrial techniques that banalize wine." Stephane's energy, intelligence and hard work have helped transform the Jura from a vinous backwater into one of the world's most exciting wine regions.

Close (esc)

Popup

Use this popup to embed a mailing list sign up form. Alternatively use it as a simple call to action with a link to a product or a page.

Age verification

By clicking below, you are verifying that you are of legal age to purchase alcohol.

Search

Shopping Cart

Your cart is currently empty.
Shop now